RE: Updated Appendices Uploaded - PLEASE read and comment

James:

I reviewed the appendices and it looks excellent. However, I have two minor
questions (comments):

1. Would it be reasonable to allow personal checks instead of "certified"
checks? Since the fee is only $5, I don't think we would get too many checks
with insufficient funds. I am just trying to save entrants from having to go
to the bank or post office.

2. I am not quite clear about the judging. From the way you have it now, I
believe the judges score each of the entries and then turn those scores over
to the organizing committee. Then the organizing committee collates the
scores and then the judges make the final rankings? Do I have that right? If
so, why does the organizing committee have to send it back to the judges?
Why not let the organizing committee do the final rankings? Basically, all
they have to do is tally the judges' scores. Am
I missing something?

Other  than those two minor questions, I think it is a well laid out plan
and the amount of work you devoted to the project is apparent. I think it is
a package we can all be proud of. Thanks for your hard  work.

Ken Guin
Arlington, VA