Entrant/Aquascape

Erik, I noticed that you have put the limits on the number of submitted
images, so I tried the process again. One thing I noticed, right from the
start, is when first inputing my name and address information (entrant
specific info on the New Entrnat page), I was also being asked for the
number of images I was submitting (number of digital images, number of
slides, number of prints, total number of images), along with some other
information. Once I pressed "save", I am given the opportunity to edit the
entered information on the Entrant Updated page. (again, nice touch).

At this point in time, I've given my name and address, my AGA membership
status, where I wish my entries entered and whether or not I wish my e-mail
address made public. I have also been asked to give the number of images I
shall be submitting......... but isn't the number of images a property of
the aquascape and not of the entry (in relational database terms)?

The number of images being submitted is related to the aquascape being
submitted and could (I think) be a calculated value picked up from the Add
New Aquascape page (depending upon the number of images attached to this
aquascape. Alternatively, if such a calculation isn't possible or desirable,
the number of images should be a queried value on the New Aquascape page.

The values for numbers of images displayed on the Entrant page should be a
non-editable number on the Entrant page (if it is displayed there at all),
with the value being calculated behind the scenes from the individual
aquascapes a person enters.

I say this because while filling out the form, I entered "7" as the number
of images I would be submitting (knowing full well that I should have
netered "6" as the maximum number for one aquascape). The system accepted my
date and displayed it as I had entered it.

The next step was to add my aquascape. I entered the L, W, D of the tank,
and the V and chose the category. Next up was to add the images. I TRIED to
enter 7 images, but got cut off at 6 (5 images plus planting diagram). This
is fine - and I was hoping that it would work this way.

But the Entrant page still shows "7" images.

The system also accepts aquascapes with NO information submitted by the
entrant (it shows up in mine as "O L Aquatic Garden"). I had not entered L,
W, D, V or specifically selected type of aquascape before I hit the "save"
button. This could have been deliberate on my part or it could have been an
error. Maybe we need a "Delete Entry" option as well, to allow people to
correct mistakes.

What do you think?

James Purchase
in Toronto, where there is fresh snow on the ground.....

P.S........ with all the effort going into this project, I DO hope that it
becomes an annual event..... <g>