Re: pdf files

>One thing I'd like to do, once James is finalized, is take the Word source
>and try to trim down some of the images, and produce a significantly
>smaller PDF size.  IMHO, even a 25 page brochure should not take up 1 meg
>of space!

The Word document which I used was created by cutting and pasting directly
from the contest.tips file. I put the aquascape images I had in and made
sure that the page breaks ocurred in the logical places. I'm not much of a
"word processor" so maybe there are ways to cut the master document down in
size (I'm sure it's +16 MB size is caused by the size of the graphics,
especially the one from George which I used for the cover. But as the prime
purpose of the pdf was to be printed out, I felt that it was important to
have an image which would print well on paper.

If you've printe dout the poster on a good color inkjet, you will see how
nice it can look. To be honest, I had no idea that inkjet printers had come
so close to traditional photographic printing. Maybe we can forgo graphics
in the guidelines pdf altogether...

Ultimately however, we need the sheer number of separate guideline items
reduced. That's why I posted all of the guidleines to
http://www.interlog.com/~jpurch/webs/GL/Default.htm. Hopefully David can use
that as a source to consolidate and compact the guidelines. A lot of those
individual points could probably be put together and/or the duplication
eliminated in certain places, to produce a smaller set.

I'm waiting to see what David comes up with.