"blurbs" and pdf files

Erik,

I can understand someone not being able to keep track of which files are
where and which versions are current.... I'm having a job of it myself....

Announcement Files for Clubs & Magazines:

I had done a "one page" blurb for Clubs and thought that it might also serve
to use when contacting magazines. I ran it by Karen, and she advised me that
while it was the right size to send to clubs, it was a bit large for the
magazines. I checked the latest issue of FAMA and AFM and discovered that
each magazine seems to be unique in what they prefer - FAMA quite often
prints out entire "press releases" while AFM tends to be much tighter in
their editing and spacing allotments.

I did a short (approx. 150-160 words) bit for AFM and sent it to Karen both
as a text file and as a MS Word document.

Karen is taking care of contacting AFM, I'll look after the others - I'm
going to be sending both sizes of the announcement as text files and leave
it to the individual editors to decide which, if any, they use. I'm also
going to be contacting as many of their columnists who write on F/W topics
who list e-mail addresses with the same info.

I have asked Michael Eckardt to have both the short and the long versions
translated into German so that I can send them to DATZ, Aqua Planta,
Aquarium Heute, and any other German language publications or groups I can
discover.

I would like Jose to translate both files into Spanish as well, if that is
possible.

PDF Files:

(I think) that I've asked David VanderWall to put both of these files into
pdf versions (the ones discussed above) for posting to the web site - in
both screen and print optimized versions.

He has done a beautiful job on producing a print optimized version (I think
that it was optimized for print) of the Guidelines package (the same
material which will be published in TAG). This should definately go on the
web site.

I have also just received a print optimized version of the Poster that I had
done. We should have this available should anyone wish to print one out and
post it to a bulletin board in a LFS.

The PDF files which David can produce are much better (smaller, more
effficient) than those that I can produce using the software I'm using, so
I'd prefer that we use his.

James