Re: Judges, Web Links, and more

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Ken wrote:

> Being the curious type, I was wondering (again) how many people (if any)
> have entered our event. Have you (Erik) given any thought about letting the
> rest of us know, on a regular basis, how many people have entered? I realize
> that we may not have that many yet (is it still only one person?). However,
> it may come a time when the entries start rolling in and I would love to
> know, on a regular basis, how many entries we are getting.

Definitely plan to do so.  But we've still only had the one entry (from
Singapore), and he's not yet sent the $5 registration fee.  I will
DEFINITELY let the group know on a regular basis how we're doing.  I have
been checking about once a week for new users and new entries.  We've
gotten a small handful of people registered as users, but none have
entered (and I'm assuming all the test entries you guys did were just
that.  tests.)

> That brings up another point: at what time, if ever, should we begin to
> worry about the lack of entries? I realize that we still have the magazines
> ads that should be comimg out in the next few months, but we have sent out a
> great deal of notifications to the societies and clubs, which should have
> sparked some interest or entries by now. If it hasn't, I tend to be a little
> nervous about it all and wonder if we should be "reaching out" in some other
> ways.

Was thinking of this myself.  I wouldn't start worrying until the
magazines come out.  I'd do a big push maybe mid-August to re-contact all
the people through e-mail to remind them there's a month left.  But for
now, let the publicity fly and get people to start thinking.