Re: Consensus on links

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Purchase" <jpurch@interlog.com>
To: <aga-contest-digest@thekrib.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 11:10 AM
Subject: Consensus on links
> It seems that we are all pretty much in agreement on the issue of
> "Commercial Links" and that now is probably the time to remove that
> particular section of the Resources area altogether.<snippage>

Wow, I hadn't realized that a consensus had been reached! Maybe the list
server is broken? :-)  Only James and Erik(?) really said that they wanted
to nix the commercial links.  Justin Collins agreed with Eriks suggestion to
put a link from the commercial page to the prize page.  Jason Luebke sees no
problem with having a place for those checking out the website to find other
possible resources even though they will be
clearly marked as having no endorsement from the AGA or the Contest.

 I agree with David Youngker, that if a commercial link is indeed a valuable
resource(admit it, you've learned a lot by window shopping for the latest
and greatest gadget), then it would be nice to have it up on the page.  I've
heard it mentioned that we don't want to appear to be prostituting
ourselves, but that's exactly what we're doing by taking down any references
to any businesses that don't sponsor the contest.  I really like the idea of
keeping simple links to valid "resource" businesses, and nice banners on the
sponsor page(to scratch their back)...