Erik - HELP!

This Prize stuff is getting confusing........ I sent the company
Poly-Bio-Marine a solicitation request. They make the Poly-Filter filter
pads and also a Poly-Bio Kold Ster-il filter unit (sort of like a deluxe
version of a R/O filter, except that there is no reject water). These things
are _expensive_. (and needless to say, would make a glorious major prize)

Anyway, I just received the following response:
_________________

We   would  be  pleased   to  have  Poly-Bio-Marine,Inc. (r)  offer
a  donation  for  the  AGA  International  Internet  Show.  However,  since
we  sell   filtration  systems  and  media  to  various  U.S.  Government
Agencies , certain  legal  conditions  must  be  met  by  any  potential
recipients .  In  order  for  your  organization  to  legally  qualify  as
tax  deductable  charity  you  must  have  an   U.S.  IRS  Tax Form
showing   that  your  organization  is   charity  fully  capable  of
accepting  and   passing  back   a   U.S.  tax  deduction  for  all
gifts.   Do  you  have  the  correct  form ?     If  you   meet  the
conditions   we  would  ship  direct  to  only  one  address  in  Canada
and  your  organization  would  be  responsible  for   any  fees  or  duty.

Poly-Bio-Marine,Inc. (r)                www.poly-bio-marine.com
___________________

Before I respond, I need to know what the Tax status of the AGA is..... I
seem to remember that the organization was planning on seeking some sort of
non-profit status for situations such as this..... was this ever done?

Secondly, I believe that they slightly misunderstood my request. I had
suggested that, if at all possible, we hoped that companies donating
large/bulky merchandise items provide us with a Voucher which we could award
to the winner and they could redeem with the company. I suggested this to
try and save us the work and expense of shipping large pieces. The vouchers
covering such donations could be sent to me here in Toronto. But I also said
that we did have limited ability to store and ship hard goods and could
provide the name and mailing address of a contact person in the U.S.

They seem to think that the actual prize needs to be sent to me in Canada,
which may (??) violate some obscure U.S. Export Law.

Care to comment, or find out from someone on the AGA MC if we can satisfy
this request/requirement? It will be easy to just tell them to ship it to
David in the U.S. (I certainly don't want it shipped here to me in Toronto)
but I will have to have something to say about the AGA's Tax Status.

James Purchase
Confused but tickled pink in Toronto