Re: Prize List to Date

From: "James Purchase"
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 5:16 PM

> ...#2 & #3 Cichlid Press
>    - 2 books by Ad Konings
>      - Tanganyika Cichlids In Their Natural Habitat
>      - Enjoying Cichlids
> 6 down, 32 to go...
>
> ...I asked Ad Konings about the possibility of him autographing
> the 2 books he has donated. He is more than willing but had
> already shipped the books. He advised me that if we wish to
> send them back he will sign then and re-ship. I'm of 2 minds,
> and leave this to the group. It is always nice to have a book
> autographed by the author, but is it worth the effort (and out cost)
> in this case?

Shoot, it ain't nuthin' - surely it wouldn't take that much in this
particular case. Might even chalk it up as another donation to the effort
(too bad about the AGA's tax status ;-)  ). There's certainly enough time
for the turn-around.

You mentioned within the last couple of days that you were uncertain about
the amount of storage available for larger prizes. That's not a major
concern - I've freed up over 5200 cubic feet of storage between two
buildings and have access to a third if needed (now I *like* the sound of
that!).

> ...I have asked that the Gift Certificates be sent to me...We can
> decide on their ultimate place of storage at a later date...

By all means, please do have someone cover those that donate via gift
certificates and vouchers - I sincerely hope to be very busy with the more
bulky items soon.

On a slightly more serious note, I'm checking into the possibility of
obtaining temporary insurance on the storage items should the
unwanted/unforeseen arise. As soon as we get a better handle on what's
coming I can get some more definitive quotes...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10@mindspring.com