People's Choice, another option

Thinking on my feet again here..... hope that it helps.....

Why do we have to have the selection/vote for "People's Choice" award run
concurrently with the time period that the judges are doing their tasks?
Would the following not work:

1. Sept. 30 - Closing date for submission of entries
2. Oct. 1 - 10 - Scanning of images and posting to the judge's section of
web-site (images posted without copyright info). CD-ROM's could be burnt and
mailed out to the judges
3. Oct. 10 - Nov. 10 - Judges review entries either from the CD-ROMs or the
web and make their selections and comments online.
4. Nov. 11- 15 - Images (with copyright information) are publicly posted in
the Showcase section of the web site (all entries go into the Showcase).
5. Nov. 15-25 - Public voting for "People's Choice" (we never said that a
submission entered ONLY in the Showcase could not be selected as "People's
Choice".
6. Nov. 26 - 29 - Results of public vote collated and images with judges
comments posted to Contest portion of the web site (but not visible to the
public). List of winners drawn up and prepared.
7. Nov. 30 - Public announcment of Winners.

The specific dates given in the above are just off the top of my head - I'm
just trying to see if this would be workable. We would allow the judges time
to do their work BEFORE we ask the public for their input and do BOTH before
we announce the winners. It just means that the judges would not have a full
two months to review the images and the public would have only about a week
to vote. But it would get us around the Copyright issue (the judges would
have decided upon the winners BEFORE the images are posted to the publicly
viewable area of the web site in #4, so the images could be posted with
their copyright info) and allow us to meet our November 30th deadline.

Comments?

James