Re: Stuff for after September 30th

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, James Purchase wrote:

[mailing list]
> committee (us). One problem I forsee is that I only have a rather generic
> e-mail address for Kaspar - I don't know how appropriate it would be to use
> the generic address I have for confidential mail (not that Dupla in Germany
> is going to be spreading stuff around or that "national security" type stuff
> will be discussed).

How about we e-mail them and ask them to join the list rather than set it
up for them?  That way, they choose the e-mail address they will use.

> Erik, is there any problem with having this list set up and making it
> private?

No problem, of course...

> CD-ROM's for the Judges - As soon as possible (early in October), once all
> of the entries are scanned and online, we will have to determine if any of
> the individual judges need or want a CD-ROM containing all of the entries.

I'm thinking they probably won't need it, but I will try to program up
something this week.

> "People's Choice" Voting - How are we going to handle the "People's Choice"
> voting? This will require that a "Showcase" section of the web site be
> created and the entries be visible from it.

Yep.  My concern is, still, that there will be ballot-stuffing in a
people's choice award unless we make everyone register (icky).  Not a lot
of experience with this sort of polling yet...

On the other hand, it would be incredibly easy to add a "entrant's choice"
judging.  I will freeze out the registration process and only allow people
who've already registered to get back on the site, where they can vote.

I welcome more input on this.

> I don't know if any of the
> entries we have received to date have been "showcase only" or not

Zero.  Nada.  Nobody.  Everyone wants that bow-front tank.