49...

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, DaTrueDave wrote:

> > guys should _ALL_ be really proud of what you've accomplished!
>
> This is heartening.  I really thought that 50 or so entries was not
> that great and that the chances of having a second annual contest were
> pretty slim.  Of course, I have no experience on which to base this.
> Just a feeling, I guess...

Ah, you need to be properly prepared with pessimism first.  Consider...
the AGA Photo Contest from a few years back, the number of entries in
which could be counted on one hand...

or try having a home show in your local club and see how many people
enter...heck try and get your home club to motivate to do ANYTHING and see
how many people participate...

I think I've gotten two, possibly three local people to enter the showcase
at the last minute, but only because I'm literally coming over and taking
the pictures for them.  It's uphill work.

I'm totally proud of all the people on the team who did so much work,
getting the prizes lined up, getting the word out everywhere, and I think
that when you see the final site you will be happy with how it turned out
too.