Re: Need some rulings

Regarding the paludarium entered as a natural/biotope, if it works in the
category, it shouldn't cause any problem. As you say, when you get right
down to it, a really well done paludarium could be considered a habitate or
a biotope.

The digital retouching is different, but without actually seeing it, it's
hard to say. I think that we were trying to prevent images which really
don't exist in real life (i.e. removing or adding plants, fish, features). I
believe that someone on the APD said something a while ago about some of
Tepoot's photos being compositions of that type. But if the person is trying
to submit a panoramic view of their tank, how much retouching is required?
The main issue is are they trying to "sneak something by us" and you say
that they are quite up-front and honest about it. I'd probably let it stand
but let the person know that the judges might either bounce it or deduct
points. You could ask him/her to submit the two original images that form
the collage.

61!!!! Yea!!!!!! 4 more and the event will be eligable for Pension Benefits.