Re: People's Choice

Ken asked:
"Am I being too paranoid here?"

Paranoid about what, the Contest or the U.S. election? As an interested
observer of the latter, I think that most of the froth is being whipped up
by CNN and the rest of the media. Your country will survive just fine, as
will the office of President. As for the Contest, the "People's Chioce"
award is a way for us to allow visitors to the site to participate in the
event even if they didn't enter an aquascape. If anyone _dares_ to
"campaign" on the APD or USENET aquaria newsgroups, you can be sure that
someone here will notice it and take whatever steps are felt necessary to
counter it. However, I'm with Erik in giving people the benefit of the doubt
and trusting in their sense of fair play. We didn't receive a host of
"faked" or artificially altered/enhanced entries, so I don't think that
we'll get hoodwinked on the People's Choice award.

James