Next years sponsers...

James wrote (on usenet):
<<<As I noted earlier and above, this is more about sharing aquascaping
ideas
than it is about winning fat prizes. But I definately DID try to obtain
donations from European firms - both letters and emails went out to
companies such as Dupla, Dennerle, Eheim and Aqualine Buschke. Hopefully,
their lack of response was more due to the fact that this event had no track
record than anything else. I should expect that the "prize pool" for next
year should be even bigger than this year's event, as we can point to what
we have already accomplished.>>>

I was thinking about the stats Erik gave for hits and visits on the website
the first day the photos were up...  Perhaps we could incorporate those
highly impressive numbers into our "thank you" notes, and maybe even into
next years donation requests?  Erik, do the numbers get even more
impressive?  Do you have stats on the prize page?  It would be nice to say
that "every day an average of 92 people saw that All Glass Aquarium donated
a 72 gallon bowfront tank to the AGA contest."  This'll give 'em an idea
that they're getting the exposure that they want from their donation.  I
wouldn't suggest padding the numbers, but we should definitely use the most
impressive set of numbers we can come up with.  The first day's numbers
sound good, but the totals in a few weeks should be pretty big, too....

Sorry if I'm babbling, the coffee's still brewing, and it's too early to be
precise about anything...

Dave Engle
Jacksonville, NC
Check out the Aquatic Plant Trading Board at:
http://coolboard.homestead.com/myboards.cfm?oid=2018519504483