Re: Next years sponsers...

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Dave Engle wrote:

> I was thinking about the stats Erik gave for hits and visits on the website
> the first day the photos were up...  Perhaps we could incorporate those
> highly impressive numbers into our "thank you" notes, and maybe even into
> next years donation requests?  Erik, do the numbers get even more
> impressive?

They don't get more impressive...  It's doing a nice slow taper-off at
this point, as one would expect.  From ~600 visits on November 30th and
December 1st, it is down to 160-200 visits on the 9th.  My guess is that
things will level off soon.

It's probably a good thing, as it was almost impossible to use my DSL line
those first few days.  Even with things stabilized, it's still 350 meg per
day being pulled.  I am so thankful I signed up with an unlimited transfer
agreement.  Imagine if I had an ISP that charged me $10/gig, as some do.
I would be SO hosed at this point.

> Do you have stats on the prize page?  It would be nice to say
> that "every day an average of 92 people saw that All Glass Aquarium donated
> a 72 gallon bowfront tank to the AGA contest."

Well, those numbers aren't so great.  I just whipped up stats for the
"prizes" page only.  During the month of November before the 30th,
it got about 5 hits a day.  On November 30th, it got 48 hits.  For
December 1-9 it's been averaging around 21 hits per day.

We'll have a better idea, as always, as things start to stabilize.