RE: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #474

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, VanderWall, Dave wrote:

> and web server now, so I could help out with web space too.  Have you
> ever mirrored the site, Erik, or is that just completely unnecessary?

It's a little bit difficult to mirror because of the fact that it's
completely dynamic to begin with -- there are no static pages.  The one
time it'd be nice to have the mirror is the first week after the winners
are announced, but that's the same time I need the last bit of
interactivity (the People's Choice voting). When I produce the CD-ROM
version, I use a mirroring program that remaps the cgi-urls into 8.3
filenames, and even then I still have to make some changes to the site's
program in order to insure it has a finite number of possible
combinations... so, a bit difficult.

I am considering upping the bandwidth on my DSL line to deal with the
increased traffic this year.