Re: James' post

James,

I don't disagree with you at all that it would work better if one committee
handled all of these functions.  But you made it sounds like there was some
reason that they WEREN'T handled by one committee.  There are only reason
that they are not.

First, all 3 needs are relatively new and second, they each have developed
over time, and separately fro each other.

As far as a contact list for TAG advertisers is concerned, there is no such
beast because TAG has never accepted advertising.  We are working from
square one.  We do have pricing established, based on what PAM charged and
BB charges.  We have looked at the advertising list that both of those
publications use/have used.  That's it.

The BIGGEST reason we don't have such a unit is that no one has stepped
forward as an obvious leader.  Art Giacosa has offered to chair the TAG
advertising "committee". But there seems to be only one other active person
(Don Lee) involved with that.  I believe you offered, and I know I forwarded
your name to Art, but I don't know if you guys ever made contact.

I think your ideas are good, but this stuff all comes down to people.  Are
you volunteering to oversee this piece, or do you have another (specific)
person in mind?

Oh, as far as that e-mail list idea is concerned, Erik has benn GREAT about
setting up whatever lists we need.  We've got a general one for TAG.  I'm
sure if we get a group of people and a LEADER to work on advertising and
donations, he'd be happy to provide them with a list as well.

Karen