Re: [AGA Contest] Ready to go!

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 Mitoem@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/31/2003 4:53:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> erik@thekrib.com writes:
>
> > Erica, would you be willing to do "Job #7", contacting magazines and
> > getting an announcement in?
>
> Hi Erik,
>
> I'd be glad to do this.  I just need to know what kind of announcement you
> have in mind?  A graphic advertisement, or one of those "classified" style
> announcements...?

We're looking for whatever we can get.  The most likely possibility on our
("no") budget is a classified-style, though sometimes we've also gotten
write-ups in someone's column (most notably Karen Randall's, of course,
because she's a major AGA bigwig and was also judging the contest that
year... but others have supported us as well).  We would certainly
acknowledge the support of magazines that ran something that extravagant
on one of the pages.

I don't think we did any announcements last year.  The first year was when
we got the most coverage with James Purchase handling everything.  He was
on this list, but his mailbox comes back as "full", so I unfortunately had
to unsubscribe him.  Check out the info on the "Press" page for some
announcement ideas.