[AGA Contest] Re: A straw dog

Roger,

I think what you have written is good if we accept Erik's statement (and we
should):
>I think the folks that created the contest disagree here.  The primary
>purpose of ALL the categories is aquascaping.

Also your "Biotope Aquascape" name would be appropriate.

I am  just wondering where Jeff Senske's 2002 and 2003 biotope entries would
fit in.  They had no real documentation, but are considered great
aquascapes.  I  would think your biotope requirements if applied now would
lessen their score.  I guess in that case this type of tank would do better
in an "Aquatic Garden" category.  I certainly don't want to do harm to
entries of this caliber.

I am now wondering if everything should left alone, as is.  As long as I now
realize that biotopes will be considered as aquascapes, clears up the lack
of understanding that I had.  And I seem to have been the only one with that
problem.  I have no problem with the concept of showing the non-aquascaping
part of this kind of biotope work in magazine and Internet articles, as
someone suggested is more appropriate.   So maybe its really not broke, and
we shouldn't fix it.

Steve Pituch