Re: [AGA Contest] Re: Contest & Convention Cross Promotion & Donations

This all sounds good.

I think there is always a bit of confusion for some folks
about the contest and the convention and there being
separate things. That line will be blurred a bit, perhaps,
this year, which could make things might be a bit more
interesting.

Operationally, the biggest problem has to do with the
prizes and the requests for donations. Staring that issue
in the face, as we are doing this year seems to be a good
tack. What we *don't want* is for a vendor to think that
they were going to get credit and PR for donating to one
thing and their donation ends up in the other. I think
announcing all donations everywhere is a good way to handle
that issue. However, I'm not sure how things will be
worded.

I think cross promotion is good for convention *and*
contest.

It might not be a marraige made in heaven but it's still a
good pairing.

sh
--- Erik Olson <erik@thekrib.com> wrote:
 Hi Rick,

> I'm guessing you didn't sign up for the listserv then!
> I'm pretty sure
> Ghazanfar did though.  Send mail to majordomo@thekrib.com
> with "subscribe
> aga-contest" in the body.
> ... and I'd now like to start getting into
> details on who's
> taking care of PR.  We have a small team that has taken
> care of
> e-mailing individuals and clubs, but little or no
> magazine exposure.
>
> In terms of cross-promotion, I'm hoping that any PR to
> magazines could
> include a blurb about the contest, website and the
> closing date of
> September 15th.  Solicitation letters to prospective
> donors could also
> note that the donations will be listed on both the
> contest and convention
> website, and donations might be used as prizes (I think
> it's actually part
> of our agreement with the convention).  Likewise, the
> e-mailing to clubs
> and such done by the contest team could include a small
> blurb about the
> convention, and your PR would be welcome to use photos
> from previous
> contests. . .

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org