RE: [AGA-Contest] PayPal-less Entries (121)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

Wow, this means I've passed my goal number of 100 entries by about a dozen. Not bad!

Yep...actually more! There are still some stragglers entering tonight, but it's definitely slowing now. The "possible" sits at 121 right now, but three of these I can almost guarantee are going to be removed due to lack of actual photos. Pretty much the rest seem serious. So I think we'll have at least 118 now. Which is almost 50 more than our record and almost double last year's response.

Topic for today (I'll probably write once more when I close up at midnight): Out-of-approved-Paypal entries. Looks like the countries this year were Viet Nam (very big turnout due to one person getting their friends to enter), South Africa, Malta, and Indonesia. There were some others, but they sent $5 bills hidden in their release forms. Total fees waived thus far: 13. However, two of them may pay anyway. But I think the waiver was very succesful in getting some particularly pissed entrants feeling very grateful and happy to drop the release form in the mail (release form... I think that'll be my next report's topic).