RE: [AGA-Contest] Some of the Jobs -- or- I must be thinking, my lips are moving

A hot check list shows the names of those that have
bounced. I'm not suggesting showing the names of anyone
except those that have properly entered and no one else.
For those "else's," no one knows from the websitre, if
they've entered or not or even thought about it or who they
are.

As far as competitors that don't want to knwo who their
competitors are -- I don't know; I supposed we'd lose a few
that way too. But that sounds like ratehr an
anticompetitive kind of competitive spirit? ;-)

It's not difficult to exclude those that haven't paid and
sent releases. IT jsut hurts the participation. The trick
is how to get folks to do it even though some of them are
irresponsible or relatively fogheaded. In a way, the
question is, how do you get all the little kids to sign up?

They've sent their submissions but haven't paid. We won't
post them without the  money but we want to post, we want
them to send the measly $5. But we don't want to have to
keep reminding them.

I have to regroup my irresponsible, fogheaded, child's
brain here.

sh
--- Ricky Cain <rlcain1@earthlink.net> wrote:

Maybe we could list on the website the paid
> entrants. Anyone could check and see if they are in the
> contest or not -- the unpaid would be unlisted.
> ===
>

> That would be like a hot check list. Plus some folks may
> not want to know
> who their competition is. Someone could see the list be
> intimidated and not
> enter the contest. Ties into the old pro vs. hobbyist
> argument.
>
> Ricky

The American Cichlid Association Annual Convention
Just the biggest aquarium hobby convention of the year (would Texas have it any
other way?)
Ft. Worth, Texas July 21-24   http://www.aca2005.org/