RE: [AGA-Contest] Some of the Jobs -- or- I must be thinking, my lips are moving

How socially low do we want to go? :-\

I think two or three reminders is plenty. I don't remember
what's in the reminders, if I've seen them, but each
reminder entry should announce:

"Your entry (or entries) to the AGA Aquascaping Contest is
(are) incomplete because the following items are missing:
payment
photo release
photos

Unfortunately, only complete entries cannot be processed
for the contest. However, your entries can still be
included if the missing items are received by _(date)_.

You will receive another reminder in (xx weeks) if your
entry is not completed by then. If you do not want to
receive any more reminders, the ___(link) ( or reply with
'don't bug me' in the message)"

Or something like that. Someone can nice it up but there
shouldn't be any inkling on the part of prospective
entrants that there is any grace period beyond a certain
date nor any doubt about what they yet have to do to be in
the contest. And they should have the option to stop being
reminded.

They people that don't want to pay and that don't want to
bother saying so are probably going to be grumpholes no
matter how nice we are to them. Some folks are just a waste
of perfectly good oxygen.

sh
--- Erik Olson <erik@thekrib.com> wrote:
> I've got it semi-automated already.  The "list" part
> isn't a problem.  I
> have a script that generates an e-mail list of those who
> haven't paid
> and/or haven't signed the release.
>
> The problem is just that people didn't pay, even when
> reminded every few
> weeks, and one of the entrants even got beligerent about
> it when I sent
> the last reminder.
>
> Just trying to figure out ways to socially improve the
> response.

The American Cichlid Association Annual Convention
Just the biggest aquarium hobby convention of the year (would Texas have it any
other way?)
Ft. Worth, Texas July 21-24   http://www.aca2005.org/