Re: Legal Question

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, James Purchase wrote:

> Question - What are the legal issues surrounding the posting of scientific
> papers?
>
> Would the AGA be able to obtain permission to "reprint" these sorts of
> things - either through TAG or (preferably) in Adobe Acrobat format on the
> AGA website?

Interesting question.  I know of at least one case in which permission was
granted to publish a paper on Apistogramma to the web.  Permission was
obtained in writing for this from Academic Press, and the file was
actually distributed as a PDF.  I suppose the thing to do is ASK the
publisher in these cases.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson