RE: AGA Contest - Request for Input

James,
I would love to see AGA support and promote regional & local aquatic
plant clubs, or even sub-groups of generalized aquarium clubs.  SFBAAPS
had a good representation last year, but I didn't get the impression
that AGA was setting up firm lines of communication with localized,
growing communities of (organized) hobbyists, such as:
DC http://www.gwapa.org/
Chicago http://www.geocities.com/cagagroup/
Dallas http://www.aquatic-plants.org/main.html
A presentation or discussion session focusing on the benefits and
challenges of starting a plant club might receive a lot of interest.  An
example of this national/regional relationship is the American Killifish
Association.  They have had huge annual conventions, along with annual
east or west coast-specific multi-club events, all supported by
sub-groups of local and regional members.  Granted they have a much
larger membership, but the idea seems to work.
I apologize if this topic has already been discussed on the list, or is
already in the works and I missed it.
Thanks,
Bill Pabst
Indian River Lily Company