From: owner-aga-member@thekrib.com
[mailto:owner-aga-member@thekrib.com]On Behalf Of S. Hieber
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 1:28 PM
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: Aga Members List (fwd)

I know what you mean.  Small can be cramped, especially if
you want 4 or 5 or more kinds of plants.

Yet really big tanks can be harder to do because of the
height -- harder to reach, harder to light, more water to
change.

Personally, I think 75 gallons is the optimum planted tank
size, but that has much to do with personal tastes,
available plants, affordability of equipment, and gosh
knows what else ;-)

But if a larger tank seems daunting, then try a smaller one
-- it costs less, is less work to maintain, can be planted
more quickly --  Of course, if a small tank is cramping
your style, consider the opposite tack and move up to some
hefty glass.

My largest is a 150 gallon tank but I have some 15 and 20s
too.

Has anyone found a tank big enough for a Rubin sword?

Scott H.
--- Mitoem@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/28/2003 10:48:50 AM Pacific Standard
> Time,
> shieber@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > If that 48 seems daunting, why not set up a little 15
> > gallon to start -- it can become a quarrantine tank
> later.
> >

> Just wanted to add a quick comment in response to
> Scott...
>
> I actually found it much easier to plant my larger 55
> gallon than my 20
> gallon or either of my 10 gallon tanks.  The larger area
> keeps things from
> getting too cramped before you plant all the plants you
> want to put in.
>
> At least this is what I experienced.  Maybe others are
> better at setting up
> nice small tanks vs. nice bigger tanks.  I'm still
> working on that with my
> tens (oh, and also a 2 gallon that is a big overgrown
> mess).  :)
>
> Erica
> <A

HREF="http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm";>http://members.a
ol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm</A>