Re: [AGA Member] UV Sterilizers

Some say photoreduction occurs, some say oxidation of iron.
I haven't seen anyone come up with any good evidience that
it causes any problems for an aquarium.

There is some hypothesizing that it will and some
counterhypotheses that it won't.  Evidence that it will,
I've been trying to find it for two years and haven't yet.

Let me know if you come up with naything solid against
them.

Scott H.
--- Aaron Glass <aglass@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> Good question here.
>
> I am running multiple planted tanks and I use UV
> sterilizers for nuking any green water problems.
>
> I have read and heard that using a UV sterilizer on
> planted tanks is not a good idea since it evidently
> oxidizes trace elements.
>
> Does anybody have any up to date information on this,
> experience, or know if it has been proven in a lab or
> controlled environment?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Aaron
>
> Aaron's Web Site- www.jeezman.com