[AGA Member] quartz size

Hi everyone,

I ordered 2-3 millimeter black quartz from my LFS for my new planted aquarium. I believe this is the size that Dupla and many others recommend. Unfortunately the quartz that my LFS offers me is 1-2 millimeter. There is no 2-3 millimeter black quartz. I plan to use heating cables.

How important is the size of the quartz? Should I insist?

Aviel.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---