Re: [AGA Member] Re: fish/plant light -- or - Have you got lots of options or what?

> Hi,
>
> For me T5 means that for the same 4' length I get 54W instead of 36W - 50%
more. Which means in a typical case the difference between 2wpg and 3wpg.
Can't gain much in space cause I am reflector width limited and am not
willing to pay for the special hoods - not yet.

> Aviel.

Aviel,

If you want cheap you can still get a lot of light with NO Fluorescents.  I
have six 40W bulbs (6700K) in my home made hood for my 75 gal (240W - 3.2
W/G) for about $150.  The bulbs are 2 for $6.50 at Home Depot at  last for
years.    see:
http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/Steve's%20Page/Aquarium/hardware/lights/lights.html

and

http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/Steve's%20Page/Aquarium/Animals/animals.html