Re: [AGA Member] Red Leech or Worm?

Could they be Tubiflex worms?

In a message dated 3/14/2004 10:35:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ahkarcher@yahoo.co.uk writes:
About 20+ yrs ago I also ran into some 1" very skinny red worms in my gravel.
 Probably sand at that time.  I think it was also a tap grass that I was
growing.  It was the only thing that I could grow in an aquaurium without lights
back then.
Never seen them since but don't remember having any problems related with or
to them.

AHK

Aaron Glass <aglass@wi.rr.com> wrote:
I am in the process of uprooting a number of Sagittaria plants in my 120
gallon tank.

During the process of uprooting I am running into a small red worm or leech
that is about 1 inch long. They are being found entangled in the roots or right
at the base of the plants.

I have never seen these before in my years of having aquariums.

Has anybody else seen these in their tanks or know of them?

Thanks.

Aaron

Aaron's Web Site- www.jeezman.com

multipart/alternative
text/html
---

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today!
Download Messenger Now

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---

Gerry Skau
All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly Cast---Oscar Wilde

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---