RE: [AGA Member] Marsilea carpets

Roger,

I have that same problem with Glosso and Marsilea. I think it's due to food and feces getting down into the middle/lower layers of the carpet and creating an algae friendly environment. The only way I've found to keep it algae free is to do constant vaccuuming and have a horde of Corys and Ghost Shrimp to get as much leftover food out of there as possible.

The bigger factor with Marsilea may be its slower growth, as I've had more problems with it than with Glosso. Just as Anubias tends to get algae regardless of what we do I think Marsilea may be the same. How extensive is your problem?

Best,
Phil