RE: [AGA Member] Marsilea carpets

I can't seem to do the same with my marsilea. It gets grown over with a variety of different types of algae - black brush to hair algae. I've checked my conditions and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with that. My other plants are growing gangbusters and the anubias (equally as slow growing) doesn't have the same issues. I tend to think it has to do with detritus collecting on the gravel bed promoting algae growth. It gets started on the gravel and migrates to the plants. Any other thoughts on the subject?

Bailin

Is there any way to maintain a marsilea carpet in good, attractive conditions
more-or-less permanently?

I've had dense Marsilea carpets in a couple tanks now and they eventually get
overgrown and clogged with algae. Different algae, different times. The
longest I have been able to maintain a carpet I was meticulously vaccuuming
the carpet and picking through it by hand every week. Been there, done that
and refuse to do it again. It this just my problem?

Are other carpets (e.g. glossostigma and dwarf hair grass) subject to the
same problems?