RE: [AGA Member] Marsilea carpets

> My other plants are growing gangbusters and the anubias (equally as
slow
> growing) doesn't have the same issues.  I tend to think it has to do
with
> detritus collecting on the gravel bed promoting algae growth.  It gets

> started on the gravel and migrates to the plants.  Any other thoughts
on the
> subject?
> I think you're right about the debris collecting followed rapidly by
algae.
> The algae spores, broken off pieces, whatever, sink (it is the bottom)
get
> trapped there more than anywhere else and there is usually way less
water movement
> there also.

That's a very plausible cause, since the carpet elevates the substrate
reduction effect over the real substrate level. Have you considered more
bottom dwellers such as corys to mix things up? In this particular case
they might help wouldn't you say? Revolving the area and anihilating
that mid-aerobic layer....

Cheers,
Pedro