Re: [AGA Member] Re:Re:Aquabotanic Aquascaping Contest--or TakingNotice of how things Ad up

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Cheryl Rogers wrote:

> Robert H wrote:
>
> > I am sure you and Scott have now sufficiently embarrassed
> > Carlos so he will never post any more announcements about the AB contest
> > here again. Be happy.
>
> Carlos is a big boy. He can speak for himself. :-)

...and he's signed on to help us promote the AGA Aquascaping Contest too
--- What a guy!

> > The AGA has no problem supporting Mr. Gombergs many business ventures.
>
> Just to clarify, AGA is not "supporting" Mr. Gomberg.  Mr. Gomberg has in
> the past come to the Board with business opportunities of mutual interest.
> Sometimes the Board has accepted, sometimes the Board has declined.  Also,
> I would like to point out that Mr. Gomberg ran the AGA Bookstore *as a
> volunteer* for quite some time and has used his many business ventures as a
> vehicle to promote the AGA whenever possible.

And just to FURTHER clarify, the extent of the AGA's support for Mr
Gomberg's businesses has been to provide a link to his site on our
"businesses" page (which, like every other link there, was done at the
request of the business), and back in 2001, to buy out his remaining stock
of _Planted Aquaria_ Magazine when it went under -- something we did for
the benefit of OUR members (and his subscribers), not for Mr. Gomberg.
So I'm not really sure where this impression comes from -- this is not the
first time Mr. Hudson has publicly complained of this.  I was scratching
my head the first time, and I'm scratching my head now.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com