From: owner-aga-member@thekrib.com [mailto:owner-aga-member@thekrib.com]
On Behalf Of Livay Aviel-R51374
Sent: quarta-feira, 7 de Abril de 2004 6:17
To: 'aga-member@thekrib.com'
Subject: [AGA Member] how many wpg is the sunlight?

Yes - you heard me right... :-)

Or maybe I should rephrase my question -
If I put the aquarium in the middle of the amazon river, and it's day,
no clouds - I get some light intensity over the surface of my tank. Now
how many Fluorescent Watts should I provide to get the same intensity?

I know Lumens and Lux are not the right thing to use but still - I read
somewhere that the sun is 30,000 lux. I think a good 36W T8 Fluorescent
is ~2500 lumens. If I have a surface area of the tank of ~1.25 square
meter. Then that's 2000 Lux per Fluorescent. So 30,000 / 2000 = 15
Fluorescents. Multiplied by 36W gives - 540W and divide it by 200
gallons = 2.7 wpg.

Too low I believe - so this is why I am asking...

Aviel.