Re: [AGA Member] Malaysian trumpeter snails

In a message dated 5/1/2004 12:02:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rpullen@waterpik.com writes:
What is your opinions on Malaysian trumpeter snails? Do you like them in
your planted tanks? I would like to know before I add them in to my
tank. Any considerations?

Thanks,
Randy
Randy, I would be careful with them, it's very difficult to get rid of them
if you don't want them anymore.

I accidentally introduced them into my main show tank, and they multiplied
like rabbits. I finally put 2 clown loaches in that tank, I moved the loaches to
a different tank about 6 months later.

For about 4 months after that I would turn on the light just before I went to
bed, and pick out 6-8 of them. It's now about 1 year later and I still find
one or two every other night.

I don't like snails because I feel their bioload isn't worth the benefits.
Think hard before you introduce them, they are "the tank residents who came to
dinner".

Gerry Skau
All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly Cast---Oscar Wilde

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---