[AGA-Member] the step back

Dear Terry,
    Sounds like a good idea sometimes you get many  ideas all at once and
want to try it all. Basically what I want out of this tank  is to learn how to
grow plants correctly and then turn the tank into a  reasonable work of art.
This isn't my first tank I have been doing fish  fresh/salt for years (about 15
years) and saltwater reef tanks for about (10  years) so I am not new to the
hobby just new into planted tank area. Damn it  seems to be the most challenging
part of the hobby yet for me. What I am looking  for is sound advice from
people who know and to incorporate it into this tank  and make it successful. I
am tried of doing my weekly water changes just pulling  out hair algae scraping
blue/green algae off the glass brushing off the diatom  algae by hand from
leaves of plants I want to do water changes weekly but  instead of dealing with
algae I want to be cutting plants and really start the  aquascaping part.
Finally, what is really wanted with this tank is to look into  a beautiful garden
after a long day of work and be happy with it and enjoy what  I have created.
                                                    AZ