Re: [AGA-Member] To much K

Iirc, the ffish-vet kit measures very low values of K and
you can 20 ppm or much and not have any problems at all.
I've seen tanks goes for years at that kind of K level
without any problems for the K for fish or plants.

AS for your nitrate, your plants could be sucking it up as
fast as you're putting it in or the test kit solution has
gone off.

I don't remember if nitrate kits go bad with age -- I think
it depends on the type.

I used to dose potassium sulfate once a week, not every few
days. The only thing that seemed to react to this was the
conductivity meter, which is to be expected.

I know this isn't much help, and I admit I don't know
what's going on in your tank, but I don't see a reason to
suspect K yet.

Scott H.

--- Nickeydundee@aol.com wrote:

> Dear SH,
>     The reason I think it is K is because the other
> chemicals are all in
> check like the nitrate 2-5 ppm. So, the K is the one that
>  sticks out the most I
> use the aquarium landscape kit from Fish-vet.com... The
> other thing that
> could of caused it is the nitrate but is was added slowly
> into  the tank unless a
> 2ppm to a 5ppm increase during 5 days was to much? But,
> to get  is to jump up
> I guess the K level went to high.  Hey while I am writing
> has  anyone taken
> the Bio-balls out of there water-drys to let the nitrate
> build that  way to??

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT