Re: [AGA-Member] Java Fern....

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Michael San Jose' wrote:

Hey folks. Quick questions is anyone aware of the Aquarium convention up in Connecticut on Friday March 18,19, and 20.

Yeah, this is the Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies, one of the oldest mega-clubs around, and their workshop is one of the best conventions out there. They tend to get the more unusual speakers, not the same folks year after year, etc. Before there was an AGA Convention, the NEC Workshop was the closest we all got to an annual gathering. And the tradition continues this year. I'm kinda bummed I won't be able to make it, but at least Scott Hieber will be there taping talks for me to edit, so I'll be there in spirit. :)

Also it states that there is an AGA meeting on Friday from 2-4 PM. Is this open to any AGA member.

It's very informal -- really anyone interested in plants can show up to the meeting. Often this turns into a freeform discussion about whatever subjects people want, so very cool. Scott (before he ran off to Brazil) let me know that Christel will be presenting a special talk during the AGA meeting, tailored towards the AGA'er (as opposed to her Saturday talk, which will be tailored towards everyone else!).

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com