Re: [AGA-Member] Questions from a Rookie

YOu can use baking soda to buffer -- changes KH only. You
can use calcium carbonate, availle form hydroponic and
brew-your-own-beer places -- it changes KH and raises
hardness (GH).

Check out the info on George and Karla Booth's pages at :

http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/

Look for the chemistry pages.

sh