[AGA-Member] Lighting

Hello all: The list has been silent for a little while...mmmh, is it spring in aquatic gardens too?

Well, I've been at it for a while - you know, trying to grow luxurious, fat and sassy plants in my 55-gal. Yet I still haven't found the magical combination that will make those plants go wild.

So there goes my question: I have two 55 watts compact fluorescent bulbs over my 55-gal aquarium. What is this considered - medium light, intense, very intense? Is this enough to foster unhibited plant growth, assuming all other things taken care of (CO2, fertilizer, substrate, water quality)?

Thanks for your feedback!

Stephane