[AGA-Member] DIY CO2 injection

I wanted to share a finding for you out there practicing DIY yeast/sugar CO2 injection. The system is much more reliable and constant if you use fructose instead of sugar. Fructose is available in most grocery stores (Velveta I think). One biologist colleague of mine thought that because fructose is a simpler sugar than processed sugar, yeast don't have to work as hard to start breaking it down.

Also, in the past I used epoxy glue to connect the airline tubing to the recipient lid/cap. That took care of some recalcitrant air leaks with no harm to the fish or yeast. And of course Teflon tape in between any threaded opening and cap.

Just my two cents.

Stephane