[AGA-Member] RE: [AGA-Contest] call for volunteers for 2005 Aquascaping Contest

Any idea where the convention is going to be this year? We haven't heard much, aside from the fact San Fran might be the hosting city.

Anyway, sign me up for helping out. I'll be limited on time with a new club and all, but I'll be glad to help where I can.

Bailin

From: Erik Olson <erik@thekrib.com>
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
CC: aga-mcm@thekrib.com, aga-contest@thekrib.com
Subject: [AGA-Contest] call for volunteers for 2005 Aquascaping Contest
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 20:07:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

This is sort of a "first call" for volunteers to work on this year's AGA Aquascaping Contest.

Though you might not think so, an event like this takes a lot of effort to put together, not the least of which include:

* PR Work - The PR team makes or breaks the contest. If people don't know about it, they don't enter. Last year, the dilligent work of "Tsunami" Carlos Sanchez doubled the number of entries we received, and I am hoping we can keep up with that trend.

* Sponsorships - We've not done so well in recent years in getting prizes, but the manufacturers and retailers are out there wanting to help us. I've had an interesting proposal today to have "sponsors of categories", like local clubs and such.

* other little jobs -- ordering ribbons, mailing things, handling snail-mailed entries, contacting judges... there are a lot of small jobs for everyone.

* Direction, theme, ideas - Let's face it, I'm out of it this year! It was bad enough in 2004; now I've got an infant *and* a toddler... I just don't have the spare time to be participating in lists and boards. As the contest head, I'm now ill-suited to determine what people want to see from the contest this year without feedback and help. Got any ideas?

If you would like to help, please reply to me personally, and I will add you to our organization list. If you are already on that list from last year, reply anyway, as I'll be purging uninterested folks once we get started.

Thanks in advance,

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson