Re: [AGA-Member] Brazilian Pennywort and Aqualine Buschke

When I had Brazilian penneywort, I never had trouble growing it but I never made much of an attempt to get it to root.

I just shoved the stems in the gravel and it grew up like a vine. When the top became too heavy, it would pull out of the gravel and float. Then I would rip off the bottom three inches and shove it back down.

If you want to make it crawl along the bottom, you'll have to be very clever and persistant in weighing it down, or get it to grow through something like maybe dense hairgrass or riccia.

I think Luis told me that Aqualine Buschke is a German company. I'm not sure whether Luis is on this list but if he is he'll certainly answer. If not, I'll e-mail him privately and frog-march him onto this list.

Cheryl
Membership Queen

Imw88@aol.com wrote:
Dear Group, I've seen some pictures of Mr. Amano's tanks with Brazilian Pennywort. They looked really nice so I decided to give the pennywort a try but I've had difficulty keeping the pennywort rooted to the substrate. My substrate is 100% Seachem Floralite. I also use Seachem plant tabs from time to time. Does anyone have any ideas? Also in the last TAG issue, volume 18 number 2, on page 5 in the article entitled "Setting up a planted aquarium". The author mentions products from a company called Aqualine Buschke. Does anyone know any sites I can find these? Thanx-ILAN