Re: [AGA-Member] I can't grow mosses

Bill :
Do you have any guide to mosses identification ?, it would be great to know the
correct name of the green stuff growing in my backyard :)
It's seems we enjoy similar things : plants and gato's music :)
Best regards (from barbieri's birthplace ;) )
Juan

william ruyle wrote:

Hate to be a pointy-nose, but, a number of us including myself, have to rename
java moss: Taxiphyllum barbieri (no relation to Gato Barbieri, jazz saxophonist:-)
Singapore moss, much more decorative, is Vesicularia dubyana. TAG issue
18-3 has been most informative! OK, exit stage left....

Bill

S. Hieber wrote:

Others and I have had the experience. In my tanks, the SAEs
continually roamed as they grazed but they spent a lot of
time on the mosses. They didn't at first appear to be
eating any of it. It was a bit later that I realized they
were only going for the newest growth.

They became so fond of the stuff, they would actually trap
themselves behind the plastic grid I had set up for the
moss wall. A moss-&-SAE wall is not a pretty sight.

Scott H.

--- Juan Ignacio Pucheu <jpucheu@gmail.com> wrote:

SAE's eat mosses like vesicularia dubyana and others ?
sad news for me, thank's for the infomartion....

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org