Re: [AGA-Member] I can't grow mosses

Thank's Cheryl !,

Cheryl Rogers wrote:

And I mailed you your first issue of TAG (18-3) about a week ago ... it's coming.

Cheryl
Membership Queen

william ruyle wrote:

Juan,
As I said in an email to you, your first issue of TAG (18-3) is a good
starting place on mosses. One of the co-authors of the article, Professor
Tan, is one of the world's foremost authorities on moss identification.
Some South American countrymen of yours have sent pics and samples
to him for correct ID. Killies.com <www.killies.com>has a plant forum with many pics of
mosses in tanks, plus great info on keeping them. :-)

Regards,

Bill

ps one of Gato's best is "Apassionada" (SP?) which I no longer have on LP
and have never seen it offered on CD :-(

Juan Ignacio Pucheu wrote:

Bill :
Do you have any guide to mosses identification ?, it would be great to know the
correct name of the green stuff growing in my backyard :)
It's seems we enjoy similar things : plants and gato's music :)
Best regards (from barbieri's birthplace ;) )
Juan

william ruyle wrote:

Hate to be a pointy-nose, but, a number of us including myself, have to rename
java moss: Taxiphyllum barbieri (no relation to Gato Barbieri, jazz saxophonist:-)
Singapore moss, much more decorative, is Vesicularia dubyana. TAG issue
18-3 has been most informative! OK, exit stage left....

Bill

S. Hieber wrote:

Others and I have had the experience. In my tanks, the SAEs
continually roamed as they grazed but they spent a lot of
time on the mosses. They didn't at first appear to be
eating any of it. It was a bit later that I realized they
were only going for the newest growth.

They became so fond of the stuff, they would actually trap
themselves behind the plastic grid I had set up for the
moss wall. A moss-&-SAE wall is not a pretty sight.

Scott H.

--- Juan Ignacio Pucheu <jpucheu@gmail.com> wrote:

SAE's eat mosses like vesicularia dubyana and others ?
sad news for me, thank's for the infomartion....

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org