Re: [AGA-Member] online plant source

You guys rock! I e-mailed Charley in New York, and he has Tonina sp., Limnophila aromatica, and Eriocaulon setaceum. It feels like Christmas around here! My friends are going to be so jealous.

Adam, Eugene, OR

From: RMGTBTS@aol.com
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: [AGA-Member] online plant source
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:57:57 EDT

i have been doing some business, multiple orders, with a gentleman in  New
York state , Charley (AKA Lowcaster) over the past year.

Three things i would like to pass on to everyone.

1. The quality of the plants exceeds every online vender i have used. On a
scale of 1 to 10 Theyare always 9's or 10's.

2. The one plant that i had received that did not ship well and melted, was
replaced no charge no probem. This particular plant just didn't ship well.
We waited 6 weeks and he replaced it with some he held out for me.

3. While he doesn't have everything all the time, you will see plants for
sale you won't find on other sites and if you tell him what you are looking for
he will try to get it.

his email address is  _beadgc@nyc.rr.com_ (mailto:beadgc@nyc.rr.com)

If you are looking for quality or something hard to find, this is a good
option. I have ordered plants from several of the large online retailers and
have had some success and some real disappointments. With Charley i have only
had successes i e the plant was what i ordered, arrived healthy and produced
new growth.

Not every plant will grow in every tank and sometimes the one you really
wanted turns out to be one that you just can't grow. But that's not the fault of
the supplier, that's just the way it is.

rich green
milton, ma