From: aga-member-bounces@thekrib.com [mailto:aga-member-bounces@thekrib.com]
On Behalf Of Paul Krombholz
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:04 AM
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: [AGA-Member] RE: Daphnia, Algae, and Plants

I had all kinds of trouble because I was trying to use Daphnia cages made of
nylon window curtain or bridal veil material, commonly available in fabric
stores.  It took me years to get proof that this fabric was poisoning my
plants.

If trying the Daphnia cage idea, I would stay away from nylon and from all
woven fabrics.  Monofilament cloth works better, preferably a polymer that
is really inert and not subject to bacterial decomposition.  I wound up
getting some kind of teflon monofilament cloth that worked perfectly.  It
was expensive, though---$80.00 a square yard!

--------
Avoiding work as usual

Read this topic online here:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?p=1417#1417