[AGA-Member] RE: Madagascar Lace plant

I have found that when I grow the lace plant alone in its own tray (gravel with some topsoil underneath), it develops dead areas on older leaves that spread until the leaf dies.  it never grows well.  I found that when I have other plants growing in the same tray, it does much better.  Small crypts, such as C. x willisii make good companion plants.  With these crypts, I had a lace plant that did not go dormant for five years and produced several flowers and many seeds, some of which I was able to raise to a size where they could be sold at the local fish store.

For me, companion plants were the secret for success, along with CO2 additions.

--------
Avoiding work as usual

Read this topic online here:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?p=1419#1419