[AGA-Member] RE: Daphnia, Algae, and Plants

I had all kinds of trouble because I was trying to use Daphnia cages made of nylon window curtain or bridal veil material, commonly available in fabric stores.  It took me years to get proof that this fabric was poisoning my plants.

If trying the Daphnia cage idea, I would stay away from nylon and from all woven fabrics.  Monofilament cloth works better, preferably a polymer that is really inert and not subject to bacterial decomposition.  I wound up getting some kind of teflon monofilament cloth that worked perfectly.  It was expensive, though---$80.00 a square yard!

--------
Avoiding work as usual

Read this topic online here:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?p=1417#1417